The American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma (ACS COT) and the Society of Trauma Nurses (STN) are pleased to announce their partnership to develop the Optimal Trauma Center Organization & Management Course (Optimal Course). This will be a virtual live course through ZOOM.
- This collaborative course will be taught by physicians and nurses with the goal of enhancing trauma center systems of care and improving patient care through implementation of the ACS COT Trauma Center Standards.
- The nuances of implementation or improving upon trauma center criteria within the structure of your specific facility will be reviewed in an interactive forum.
- Whether a verified mature center or a hospital preparing for designation, this course is designed to assist participants to create strategies, processes and operations to support trauma systems based upon their own unique environments.
- The course is designed to assist Trauma Medical Directors, Trauma Program Managers/Coordinators, Administrators, Trauma Registrars, State/Region
personnel and other disciplines involved in trauma.
- A baseline of what is required to be a verified center rather than the ceiling will be represented in the course.
- Trauma System Review
- Trauma Center Leadership
- Clinical Functions
- Collaborative Clinical Services
- PIPS & Data
- Special Populations
- Program Responsibilities
- Trauma Program Pearls
- ACS Site Visit
The Society of Trauma Nurses is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity has been awarded 6.3 contact hours.
The University of Kentucky College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Cost is $175 for members only. Payment must be received by June 1, 2021.
Registration is closed
Our cancellation policy is in effect.